Actions by Session from 2016 forward.
In reverse chronological order.
This list does not include procedural actions:
- Grant Privilege of the Floor
- Approve Minutes
- Approve or change the Agenda
- Change dates of Stated Meetings
- Review/approve requests for Membership and Baptisms
- Acceptance of Reports
- Updating rolls because of death
- Session VOTED to approve an overnight mission trip to Pefiasco on August 13-14. The group going will help with the Church's Spanish dinner and also lead the Worship Service on Sunday morning.
- Session VOTED to allow the youth group to have a fundraising meal on Sunday, September 8, 2016.
- Session VOTED to grant Continuing Ed leave to Pastor Rob July 25-27, 2016 and report back To the Personnel Committee.
- Session VOTED to use $1000 from Mission Reserves and have it go toward the Cuba trip.
- Session VOTED to allow Bryan Beck, a member of Shepherd of the Valley Presbyterian Church, to give a Minute for Mission on July 31 at our Worship Service, promoting their Chili,Festival, the proceeds of which go to Habitat for Humanity.
- The next Presbytery Meeting will be on August 23, 2016. Session VOTED to appoint Francis Chang as an alternate to Presbytery.
- Session VOTED to increase Youth Leaders Francis and Susie Chang's salary by $200.00 a Month for the remainder of the year 2016.
- Session VOTED to appoint Anita Abeyta, Pastor Rob, Toby Montoya and Kris Johnson to be Members of the committee which will oversee the building usage contract with Family Promise. Anita Abeyta will head the committee.
- Session VOTED to have Kris Johnson and Ron Romero be trained as counters. Lynn Gatewood will be training them soon.
- Session VOTED to let Family Promise use the J.I. Candelaria Wing to house clients June 5th -12 th and June 26 - July 3 , 2016. This will not impact our Sunday School program and we will not have to supervise.
- Session VOTED to allow a champagne toast at a wedding reception which will be held in the Fellowship Hall of the church on July 3, 2016.
- Session VOTED to designate the Christmas Eve Offerings from 2012 & 2015 to go to the Joy Offering.
- The mission trip to northern New Mexico and southern Colorado planned for June 18-23, 2016 is shaping up. Session VOTED to authorize youth leader Francis Chang to set a corporate account at Enterprise Car Rental. The Changs will rent vans for the mission trip.
- Two members of the church asked to have a financial presentation in the Fellowship Hall on a Sunday after church. Session VOTED not to have this as it would set a precedent.
- Brad Brown, one of the founders of the Mobile Food Pantry, would like to apply for a grant that would enable him to purchase organic produce to be distributed at the Mobile Food Pantry. Session VOTED to allow Brad to use Second Presbyterian Church's 501(3)(C) to apply for the grant.
- Session VOTED to give the Live Wire Committee permission to deploy Instant Directory.
- Ruth has a friend who would like to use the our church for her wedding some time in July. Session VOTED to allow Ruth's friend Monica the use of the church for her wedding on July 2, 2016.
- Ruth Montoya, a member of the Clergy Renewal Committee, reported that the committee has had 2 meetings so far. Rob has been planning what he would do on his four month leave. Session VOTED to allow the team to send in the application.
- Session VOTED to give Kelly Van Andel a stipend of $250.00 for teaching a three week adult Sunday ) School Class on an introduction to Islam.
- Youth leaders Susie & Frances Chang requested that the youth have permission to sell plants on Mother's Day (May 8 ) as a fundraising project to go along side their annual Gourmet Pancake Breakfast. Session VOTED to grant the request.
- Session VOTED to give Chad Poole a gift of $100;00 for his work on the church financials.
- Session Voted to remove Steve Montoya from the position of co-chair of the Live Wire Committee. Steve will work on special projects for other committees.
- Session VOTED that all policy & Procedures that refer to chairs of committees be suspended until such time that Session can decide how to word the policy.
- Session VOTED to ask the New Mexico Coalition for Literacy for a $250.00 fee for the use of our building on Jul 9th and 10th, 2016.